SOLAR PV SYSTEM INSTALLATION
Steps needed to interconnect a solar photovoltaic (PV) system, with Berkeley Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Submittal of Interconnection Application (must be fully completed, signed and dated). (Submit the same info to the applicable Building Inspector’s office.)
- Submit a copy of Home Owners Insurance Declaration and sales contract: (total price with kWh production estimate per month).
- Submit a copy of a one-line electrical drawing and the $100.00 interconnection fee. Additional field inspection fee is $50, per inspection.
- Berkeley Electric will review for completeness and notify solar company of the application status
- Solar System construction: if the power connection will be in the meter base: Complete construction of the PV system and connect to the meter last. Call for Berkeley Electric and the Building inspector for the same time so the meter may be pulled by Berkeley Electric, job completed, Building inspection completed and Berkeley Electric may restore power.
- When the solar panel system is completed, the city or county Building Codes of Enforcement will notify Berkeley Electric of the release.
- Berkeley Electric engineering/metering staff is notified and service order is submitted for installation of Net Meter.
- There is typically a two-week window after the release is called in by the Building Codes Official for the Net Meter to be installed. Do not energize the solar PV system after testing. The system should only be energized once Berkeley Electric installs the Net Meter.
- Either the solar PV company or the member is notified when Net Meter is installed. Berkeley Electric will not leave the solar PV system energized, unless the homeowner is home at the time of inspection.
Berkeley Electric Cooperative Net Metering Rider is available for Residential and Small Commercial accounts (<100 kVa). It is available for Large Power accounts on the non-time of day rate.