District 2 • Awendaw, South Carolina
I have an extensive background in medicine and have worked around energy throughout my career. I also have a long history of volunteerism including working to help launch the first Race for the Cure in Washington, DC. I have also been the team caption for the Susan G. Komen Foundation: Race for the Cure and presented Breast Health lectures throughout the Washington D.C. area. This includes special presentations given to the wives and staff at foreign embassies stationed in the Washington D.C. area. I served as Health Educator and Co-founder of the Kenya Breast Health Program in affiliation with the Kenya YWCA. We taught 3-day seminars to train Kenyan women and men to teach Breast Health in their tribes and villages. This program was the first international site funded by Susan G. Komen Foundation.
For the American Cancer Society, I coordinated the “Look Good Feel Better Program” for Sibley Memorial Hospital which was one of three sites in the United States where the program was tested. I also taught “Fresh Start” - the American Cancer Society stop smoking program.
- AA: Radiology Technology, Prince George’s Community College - Maryland.
- BS: Health Management and Senior Adult Care, from University of Maryland.
- MPH: Disease Prevention, School of Public Health, George Washington University
- Radiation Therapy Clinical Internship, National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- 2021, Berkley Electric Board of Trustees
- 2003-2015: Director of Georgetown Radiation Therapy Center, Frances B. Ford Cancer Center
- 1988-2003: Manager of Radiation Therapy and Oncology Program Coordinator, Sibley Memorial Hospital - Washington D.C.
- 1984-1987 Radiation Therapist, Fairfax Hospital - Virginia.
- 1982-1984 Radiation Therapist, Georgetown University Radiation Medicine - Maryland.
- 1975-1981 Radiologic Technologist for Dr. Allan McKelvie, Orthopedic Surgeon, who was a pioneer in the development of using the Harrington Rod for spinal surgery of severe Scoliosis of the spine.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Registered in both Radiology Technology and Radiation Therapy.