What qualifications are required to apply?
- Continuous electric service with Berkeley Electric Cooperative for at least 12 months
- Applicant must be the homeowner or business owner
- Joint ownership requires that all parties complete an application
- If living in a mobile home, applicant must own the home and the land it sits on
- Heirs and ET AL properties do not qualify
- Credit check & project approval
- Must use approved contractor
- List of pre-approved contractors may be obtained from any Berkeley Electric or Farmers & Merchants office location
- Contact your local Berkeley Electric Cooperative district office and ask to speak to a Marketing & Energy Specialist, or apply on-line at www.berkeleyelectric.coop. You can also contact Farmers & Merchants Bank to set up an appointment.
- Complete the Energy Advance loan application fully and return it to one of our district offices or to F&M Bank. If you apply on-line the application is automatically submitted for review.
- Consult with The Energy ExpertsTM at Berkeley Electric Cooperative about recommended energy upgrades to improve your home’s energy efficiency and comfort.
- Upon loan approval from F&M Bank, the member must request bids from companies on the Berkeley Electric Approved Contractor list. All work must be completed and the loan closed within thirty (30) days of approval.
- After you have chosen a contractor, the loan will be closed by a F&M Bank loan officer and loan payments will be applied to your monthly Berkeley Electric bill.
- Upon completion of the job, Berkeley Electric Cooperative will inspect the contractor’s work to verify projection completion per the Cooperative’s standards and contractor’s bid form.
- The check for improvements will be issued once the standards have been satisfied.
- Sit back in comfort and enjoy your newly improved and energy efficient home!