Berkeley Electric is happy to announce the recipients of our Operation Round-Up scholarships! Each year, the Operation Round-Up trust board awards a $1,000 scholarship to each of the seven high schools served by Berkeley Electric as well as three at-large scholarships for a total of $10,000! Recipients must be the child of a Berkeley Electric member and plan to attend an accredited college or technical/trade school.
This year’s recipients were:
- Berkeley High - Jayla Porcha
- Cane Bay High - Nya Grantham
- Goose Creek High - De’andre Adkins
- SC Governor’s School for Science & Mathematics - Dorathea Lee
- St. John’s High - Bernardica Brown
- Stratford High - Evelyn O’Saben
- Timberland High - LaTavia Hawkins, Liza Ferguson
- Wando High - Aubrey Myers
- Woodland High - Rylan Ashe
Operation Round-Up is a program in which participating members voluntarily allow their monthly bill to be "rounded-up" to the next highest dollar amount. The total yearly contribution averages around $6 per participant and the funds are used to assist fellow members with critical home repairs.